Monday, February 27, 2012

Final Project: Objectives

As the ideas of planning, promoting, and executing the product to public can become overwhelming There is one task that must be done first: Objectives, Objectives, Objectives! To materialize on paper and organize is key. That is why a plan on paper is essential for My upcoming Mighty Beer. The following quote struck my attention as it completely resonates with me.
“it forces management to spell out its assumptions about the relationship between dollars spent and promotion results. But it is also the most difficult method to use. Often, it is hard to figure out which specific tasks will achieve stated objectives.”Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, 10th Edition. Pearson Learning Solutions.Armstrong & Kotler p. 388. 
The first objective to promoting Mighty Beer is to promote through local radio stations and expose it through men’s favorite radio stations. I also realize that my step one could be hit or miss. An advertising agent for Audi shares,
“John Wanamaker, the department store magnate, once said, “I know that half of my advertising is wasted, but I don’t know which half. I spent $2 million for advertising, and I don’t know if that is half enough or twice too much.”Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, 10th Edition. Pearson Learning Solutions. Armstrong & Kotler pp. 388 - 389.
Many young, beer drinking men love their cars, their radio, and their beer. My aim is to understand that and send it through their speakers. I also realize the potential loss of advertising capital, but there must be an organized effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment