Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

“All generations are comfortable with technology, but this is the generation that’s been formed by technology,” says a Yahoo! executive. For them, “it’s not something separate. It’s just something they do.”
(Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, 10th Edition. Pearson Learning Solutions p. 73). 
   
     This quote truly embodies how I feel about technology. I do feel the desire and need to connect with mother nature, but there is a natural flow with technology and its digital presence that I love to be a part of. I don't even think about it, really. It's just something I do! 
     For example, I have been using a portable digital recorder, my cell phone, and now my iPhone to record musical ideas. Being a songwriter in search for ideas, inspiration strikes anywhere. Technology has been a part of my creative process without thinking about it. I see digital life as a way of connecting with an enriched possibility, instead of replacing mother nature. I have embraced computers, cell phones, television, and all other technology to enrich my life. I am glad to be a part of this Generation Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment