Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 3 EOC: Boston Consulting Group - Video Games

I grew up in the 80's and Nintendo was the huge thing after Atari. Times have definitely changed for the gaming industry and there are two consoles, and one device I see interesting. The first device is the iPad. I see the iPad being apples cash cow. The iPad is already a smash hit for Apple, and soon to be the next big "console". The iPad will go from question mark to cash cow. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/37282/Analyst_71_Percent_Of_iPad_Owners_Play_Games.php
The Second console is by Nintendo (wii). I keep this company dear simply because I grew up on Nintendo. Unfortunately, I do feel they lack quality in graphics, power, and online experience. Nintendo seems to be in the dog category for now, and looks like it will stay in this area. http://video-game-consoles-review.toptenreviews.com/nintendo-wii-review.html
Lastly, the third console is the Mbox 360. This guy is seems to be the star at the moment. This console gives the upmost ultimate experience online. They seem to have a hold on the better games with multiplayer, processing power, and complexity within their games. The one factor I see with this console is the potential problems when interacting with credit cards, millions of players, and online interface worldwide. Remember Playstation last year? I also see this company in the star category, but I think they will lose ground soon and be in the dog. The securities compromise and high cost for the consumer can get exhausting. http://video-game-consoles-review.toptenreviews.com/xbox-360-pro-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment